Shopping online Malaysia - a wise shopper guideApril 28, 2015
- Remember to only use familiar websites that you know and trust. Do not solely trust on search engines because search results can be rigged to lead you to sites that are not secure just created to rip you off.
- ALWAYS look for the lock symbol. IMPORTANT! Never buy anything online using your credit or debit card from a site that doesn't have the locked padlock icon.
Padlock icon symbolising a secure web transaction
- Do no tell all. Online shopping websites should not ask for your FB password or your birthday to do business.
- Be sure to constantly look and check your bank statements to ensure there is no any fraudulent charges and do this regularly to keep your account safe.
- Protect your PC, laptop or mobile device against malware by keeping the anti-virus program always up-to-date.