"Are you truly incapable of shame?"

December 14, 2016

Are you truly incapable of shame? Is there literally nothing that can shame you? Is there no act of barbarism against civilians, no execution of a child that gets under your skin?

Please read more here: TheJournal.ie and HumanRightsWatch.org

Shame on you Syria, Russia, & Iran. The lives of civilians are at stake due to your idiotic political war. And the worst is, it seems to be never ending.

I cried myself watching the videos shared on Facebook. I cried because I feel weak on my knees knowing there's nothing I could do to help the Syrians. I could only pray in tears, I prayed really hard with a tremendous hope that one day I could go to the ground and help them, even just to hold their hands and comfort them and tell them I care.

Watching the bodies lying on the street makes my body trembles in terror. I have these thoughts in my mind, the what ifs, one day I'm fast asleep and a bomb landed on the roof? One day I went home and found my mother and brothers...gone? What I could possible do at moments like these? Helplessly realising I'm weak, one day I could be in the same battle as those civilians too. I'll be shouting for help but nobody hears me. The rest of the world doesn't hear me.

The world continues to smile with their celebrations, their vacations, gifts wishlists, food galore. They turned their eyes blind on people who had lost their home, scraping for food, no clothes to cover their back on, living on the run everyday with no music to hear except explosions.

WHY. WHY AREN'T WE DOING ANYTHING TO HELP THEM? WHAT'S WRONG WITH US? ALL OF US?

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe